Rekero Camp Masai Mara | Masai Mara Rekero Camp | Rekero Camp Talek River | Rekero Camp Tented Accommodation | Masai Mara Luxury Tented Camps | Masai Mara Safari Camps | Masai Mara Luxury Accommodation | Rekero Camp Room Rates | Rekero Camp Masai Mara Rates | Rekero Camp Masai Mara National Reserve | Rekero Camp, Kenya | Accommodation Prices | Flights to Rekero Camp Masai Mara | Masai Mara Luxury Safari Hotels Lodges & Camps
Rekero Camp Masai Mara is a luxury tented safari accommodation located inside the Masai Mara Game Reserve, very close to the confluence of the Mara and Talek Rivers. Rekero is in a prime position overlooking the Talek River, next to the main crossing point used by the wildebeest on their epic annual journey.
The Camp can be reached either by road or by air. The distance from Nairobi to Masai Mara is approximately 250 km. It takes around 5-6 hours by road while flying time takes about 45 minutes. The closest airstrip from the camp is Ol Kiombo which is 20 minutes drive away.
There are 9 spacious tents (including 2 family tents). All tents are fitted with cozy beds, nightstands, bedside lamps, work desks, lockable boxes, wardrobes, and large private verandas with an inviting day bed or couch where you can take in a view of the river.
The interiors are spacious with comfortable bed(s) and each tent enjoys river views from its veranda. The rear of the tent leads to a tented bathroom with a flush toilet, a sink, and a safari shower. The bathrooms are en-suite and fitted with dual-sink vanity, hot-water safari bucket shower, and flush toilet.
The tents are a good size, though not enormous. Tall trees offer some shade and double fly sheets help to keep down daytime temperatures. There’s plenty of ventilation from large screened windows and thick bush growing close to the tents allows the screen covers to be kept unrolled without affecting privacy.
Rekero Camp Masai Mara restaurant serves home-cooked meals that are usually prepared by the chefs in camp. Guests can enjoy their meals in the dining tent, out under the stars, or having sundowners while looking over the local hippo pool. There are also hammocks and sunbeds on the main lawn where guests can relax.
All Rekero staffs undergo a long period of professional training beyond the learning of guiding skills to fully understand the complexity and demands of delivering quality service at the very highest level. Game drives in the park are all done in the company of these experts who can also share their culture in this extraordinary setting
Rekero Camp Masai Mara activities include; bird viewing, game drives, hot air balloon safaris, bush picnics, sundowners, nature walk, cultural and community visits, Big-cat conservation, photographic safaris, and horse riding.
Rekero Camp Masai Mara Non-Resident Accommodation Prices
Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full board accommodation + All house drinks (except premium wines and champagne) + Game drives + Transfers to/ from Ol Kiombo airstrip and to/ from Rekero Camp & Limited Laundry service
|Dates To||Per Person Sharing||
6th Jan 2022
|31st Mar 2022||650 US Dollars||1,300 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2022||31st May 2022||Closed||
1st Jun 2022
|30th Jun 2022||650 US Dollars||1,300 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2022||30th Sep 2022||1,030 US Dollars||
2,060 US Dollars
1st Oct 2022
|31st Oct 2022||920 US Dollars||1,840 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2022||19th Dec 2022||650 US Dollars||
1,300 US Dollars
20th Dec 2022
|5th Jan 2023||920 US Dollars||1,840 US Dollars|
|6th Jan 2023||31st Mar 2023||650 US Dollars||
1,300 US Dollars
1st Apr 2023
|31st May 2023||Closed||
* Solar & generator power
* Battery-charging facilities
* Suitable for disabled guests
* Complimentary laundry service
* Child aged 5-18 pay 50 % of adult rate
* Child aged 19 years and older full adult rate
* The camp remain closed in the months of April and May
* Children below 12 years should always share a room with an adult
* Children below 5 years are not allowed unless the camp is booked exclusively
* 7 Day Kenya Fly-in Safari Ol Pejeta Conservancy & Masai Mara | Click Here
* 8 Days 7 Nights Kenya Fly-in Safari Borana Conservancy Masai Mara | Click Here
* Park Fee (Year-round) – Adult pay 115 US Dollars per day & Asilia Conservation Charge (Year-round) 5 US Dollars per day
* Park Fee Child (3 – 17 years (Year-round) – 65 US Dollars per day & Asilia Conservation Charge (year-round) 5 US Dollars per day
Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Excludes;
* Balloon safaris
* Flights & airport taxes
* Items of personal nature
* Cultural visits – 30 US Dollars per person
* Transfers other than to/ from nearest airstrip
* Flying doctors/ medical evacuation insurance
* Rates do not include the use of a private vehicle
* Park fees and other fees specified in the above table
* Additional lunch (picnic or in the house) 25 US Dollars per person
* Private vehicles with driver/ guide can be booked at 350 US Dollars per vehicle per day (minimum 2 days)