Segera Retreat House Laikipia
Segera House is a two-story house Villa located within Segera Retreat, an eco-safari luxury retreat located on the grasslands of the Laikipia Plateau, in a 50,000 acres private game ranch, just to the north of the Equator on an important migratory corridor within the Ewaso ecosystem. Segera is approximately 31 km from Nanyuki.
Scheduled flights from Nairobi Wilson airport to Nanyuki Airstrip take 35 minutes, followed by a road transfer to Segera in a closed vehicle that takes 2 hours or by charter flight to Segera airstrip (45 minutes from Nairobi Wilson Airport) and a few minutes transfer.
Segera House is a double-story house with a dramatic Swahili door, an open plan lounge, and 3 en-suite master bedrooms. A gallery links the two upstairs rooms with views down into the atrium-style lounge that opens onto a dining area and gorgeous private pool. The Villas is complete with its own kitchen, garden, and swimming pool.
Elegant, neutral furniture, safari-inspired tones, and natural materials create a relaxed holiday feel perfect for a multi-generational family or 3 couples traveling together. The villas boast even greater privacy and luxury.
There are shared areas within Segera Retreat including Paddock House, the reclaimed Stables, the Pool Bar and pool (saltwater), gym, spa, shop, and Rasul Tower (steam room). There is a range of beautiful dining venues from the pool-side lunches and evenings in the wine-tower or atmospheric stables on the ambiance of the paddock seen.
Segera is a sanctuary for Lion, Elephants, Leopard, Spotted hyenas, Cheetah, Buffalo, and Hippo. There are also Rarer species including Serval cats, Grevy’s Zebra, African Wild Dog, Striped Hyena, and Patas Monkey, Black-backed jackal. The Zeitz Foundation and Segera Ranger Force help provide a secure sanctuary and research monitoring on the species.
Segera House Activities include: visiting the 4C center, Day and night game drives, Picnics and sundowners, Hides/lookout points, Guided walks, Camel walks, Botanical garden, Sleepouts, Wellness center (Gym & Spa), Family activities, Biplane, Birding, Community Visits, and Cultural Exchange, Swimming, Helicopter Excursions.
Segera House Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Prices
Segera House (A 2 Story House with 3 En-suite Master Bedrooms) Minimum 2 Guests and a maximum of 6 Guests
Segera House Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Per Night Includes;
All meals + All drinks, both non-alcoholic and alcoholic from a selected wine list + Retreat activities: drives (game/art), walks (guided/art), C4C + sleep outs + visit to a local homestead and a variety of other community-based activities + Laundry + Wireless Internet + Gym + Local Government taxes
|Dates From||Dates To||Per Adult Per Night Sharing (Min 2 Guests, Max 6 Guests)||
Child Rate 3 – 12 Years Per Child Per Night
15th Dec 2023
|7th Jan 2024||3,000 US Dollars||1,150 US Dollars|
|8th Jan 2024||30th Jun 2024||2,450 US Dollars||
905 US Dollars
1st Jul 2024
|30th Sep 2024||3,000 US Dollars||1,150 US Dollars|
|1st Oct 2024||14th Dec 2024||2,450 US Dollars||
905 US Dollars
* Private activities at Segera Retreat – 790 US Dollars
* Segera House include private dining and private vehicles
* Standard Check in time is 11 am and Check out time 10 am
* Rates for the exclusive use of Segera Retreat is available on request
* Scenic Helicopter Excursions from Segera, rate available upon request
* Children between the ages 0-2 stay free of charge with no conservation fee
* Private Charter Flight Time: Nairobi to Segera approximately 45 min to 1 hour
* Children 3-12 years pay the applicable child rate for accommodation and conservation fee
* Villa 4 (Family Villa) includes a sole use vehicle when a family booking of four is received
* Private guide/pilot/tour leader room is available at 300 US Dollars net per person per night
* Private vehicles can be pre-booked at 790 US Dollars per vehicle per day (families with children 2 years and under need to book a private vehicle
Segera Retreat House Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Gratuities / tipping
* Day trips and excursions
* International air transfers
* Visas for Kenya – where required
* Wellness treatments in Segera Spa and Rasul Chamber
* Selection of Reserve Wines, Champagnes & premium liquors
* Departure taxes at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and Nairobi Wilson Airport
* Conservation Fees of 195 US Dollars per adult and 95 US Dollars per child per night this fee is to be prepaid)
* Nay Palad Bird Nest Experience at 1,780 US Dollars (low season) and 2,050 US Dollars (high season) per night, surcharge to normal
* A fully comprehensive travel insurance policy valid from the date of itinerary confirmation (all guests travelling to Segera must be covered by such a policy)