AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp is a luxurious tented safari camp located along the Sabaringo River on the edge of the Oloololo escarpment just below the spot where Out of Africa’s most famous scene was shot. Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp overlooks the plains of the Masai Mara and lies directly in the path of the annual migration of wildebeest and zebra. The Camp is nearly 350 km or 6 hour’s drive from Nairobi. Scheduled flights from Nairobi’s Wilson Airport land at Kichwa Tembo private airstrip; the flight takes approximately an hour. There are also daily flights from Mombasa; the flights take approximately two hours, followed by a 30-minute drive to the camp, with game viewing en route. Set on a private concession, with abundant iconic wildlife and panoramic Masai Mara views, Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp dazzles with its contemporary safari feel. With timeless interiors that are simple yet sophisticated and stylish, the Camp enhances guests’ sense of privacy and enjoyment.
AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp has 12 Classic tents, 20 Superior tents, and 8 Superior View tents, laid out on immaculate grounds, with leisurely groups of warthog feeding right outside the tent doors. Maasai-inspired interiors firmly entrench & Beyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp as the unrivaled luxury tented camp of its size in the greater Mara.
Massive windows in the spacious guest areas invite the Mara inside and incorporate split-level spaces where guests can relax and unwind. Pick and choose delicious ingredients from the organic garden and enjoy convivial conversations in the inviting interactive kitchen.
Treat yourself to holistic healing in the massage tent, indulge in a rejuvenating treatment, or browse the Safari Shop, offering the finest Kenyan handicrafts. The rim-flow swimming pool, literally on the edge of the Mara, boasts one of the world’s most extraordinary views. In-room massage services are available in the camp.
Other than Masai Mara’s great migration being considered to be the most awe-inspiring spectacle in the area, Masai Mara has wildlife in abundance: the reserve is home to the Big Five, and you’re pretty much guaranteed to see lion, leopard, buffalo, and elephant on any trip.
Other predators include spotted hyena, black-backed jackal, and bat-eared fox, while antelope species include topi, eland, reedbuck, impala and Thomson’s gazelle, and Masai giraffe.
AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Masai Mara activities include; day and night game drives, bush walks, hot air balloon safaris, Maasai dancers; Maasai talks, and community excursions that include soul-tickling interactions with the Maasai.
Other Accommodation Options in Masai Mara | Click Here
AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Masai Mara Non-Resident Accommodation Prices
AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Masai Mara Non-Residents Accommodation Prices Per Night Include:
Accommodation on a full board basis (three meals daily) + soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirit and beers, teas, and coffees, laundry, and emergency medical evacuation insurance
|Classic Tent||Superior Tents||Superior View Tents||Superior Family Tent|
|Dates From||Dates To||Per Person Sharing Rate||Per Person Sharing Rate||Per Person Sharing Rate||
Per Family Tent
11th Jan 2023
|30th Jun 2023||265 US Dollars||410 US Dollars||470 US Dollars||1,450 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2023||31st Oct 2023||440 US Dollars||690 US Dollars||820 US Dollars||
2,400 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|20th Dec 2023||265 US Dollars||410 US Dollars||470 US Dollars||1,450 US Dollars|
|21st Dec 2023||10th Jan 2024||440 US Dollars||690 US Dollars||820 US Dollars||
2,400 US Dollars
* Kindly ask for our Honeymoon offer
* Resident rates available upon request
* A single supplement of 50% applies to all single rooms
* Prices are subject to currency fluctuations and may change
* 9 Days Kenya Fly-in Safari Masai Mara & Diani Beach | Click Here
* Please note that children aged under 5 years are not allowed on game drives
* A single supplement will be charged when an adult is sharing with an infant
* A childminder can be booked at 10 US Dollars per hour (please arrange on the day of arrival at camp, payable directly to camp)
* All Superior Tents have views, however, the “Superior View Tents” are located on the edge of the Masai Mara with wide unrestricted views
* Packed Lunch – 27 Per person per meal
* Additional Lunch – 48 Per person per meal
* Additional breakfast – 27 Per person per meal
* Children 0 – 2 years Free of charge in a cot
* Children 3 – 5 years, sharing with 1 or 2 adults Free of charge
* Children are classified as such if they are 16 years and younger
* Walking activities are only available to guests of 16 years and older
* Children 6 – 16 years, sharing with 1 or 2 adults 50% of the full adult rate
* The recommended age for children traveling to our lodges is 8 years and older
* The rate is valid only upon faxed proof of residency (work permit or passport)
* Guests may have an infant share their room if the infant is 2 years and younger and sleeps in a cot
* Shortened drives for children can be arranged at the lodge subject to the availability of a vehicle and ranger
* Children aged 6 – 16 years in own room 1st child pays full adult rate; 2nd and 3rd child pays 50% of full adult rate
* Rooms at lodges may only have two guests. Three guests are permitted to share a room, provided one of the three guests is 16 years younger
AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Masai Mara Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Telephone calls
* Safari shop purchases
* All items of personal nature
* Scheduled Safari Game drive
* Refreshments on Game drives
* Transfer to and from the lodge
* Hot air ballooning available nearby
* Activities at an additional charge: Bushwalks, Night drives
* Champagne, cognacs, fine wines, premium brand spirits, and cigars
* Community visit, to a traditional Maasai boma including interaction with the Maasai
* Masai Mara Park Entrance Fees 80 US Dollars per person per day & Children 12 years and younger 45 US Dollars per person per night