Masai Mara Manyatta Camp - Budget Accommodation in Masai Mara
Masai Mara Manyatta Camp is a budget safari accommodation located on the eastern edge of the Masai Mara Game Reserve, overlooking the Megurarra Hills. The camp is only a few meters from the Ololaimutia Gate and 12 km from the Sekenani Gate.
The camp can be reached either by road or by air. The distance from Nairobi to Masai Mara is approximately 280 km. It takes around 5-6 hours by road while flying time takes approximately 45 minutes.
Masai Mara Manyatta Camp has 40 spacious tents, erected on hard surfaces and has makuti thatched roofs to mitigate harsh weather conditions like heat and rain. Each tent has a mosquito net, electric lighting, power sockets, and en-suite bathrooms with hot showers.
Masai Mara Manyatta Camp has a combination of double or twin beds on sharing basis while single occupancy can also be arranged on request. Booking can either be on a bed only or on a full board basis.
Guests on a full board basis will have 3 meals per day prepared by the resident camp Chef. Guests on bed only basis can bring their own food to be prepared by the resident chef at no additional cost. The Masai mara manyatta camp dining area can hold up to 80 seated guests.
There is a fully stocked bar with a variety of both alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks offered. The camp has conference facilities that offer the ideal venue for meetings and corporate events. In the evening guests can sit by the campfire as they relax and talk about the experiences of the day.
The Masai Mara is regarded as the jewel of Kenya’s wildlife viewing areas. The annual wildebeest migration alone involves over 1.5 million animals arriving in July and departing in November.
Wildlife – Nowhere in Africa is more wildlife abundant. The Mara is known as one of the finest wildlife destinations in the world, with an excellent chance of seeing the big five, cheetah, serval, hyena, bat-eared foxes, black-backed and side-striped jackals, hippo, crocodile, baboons, warthog, topi, eland, Thompson’s gazelle, Grant’s gazelle, impala, waterbuck, oribi, reed-buck and zebra.
Masai Mara Manyatta Camp activities include; guides nature walks, bush dinners, game drives, Masai Cultural Dance, and village visits.
Other Accommodation Options in Masai Mara | Masai Mara Luxury Lodges Camps | Masai Mara Budget Lodges Camps
Masai Mara Manyatta Camp Non-Resident Accommodation Prices
Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation
|Dates From||Dates To||Single Tent
4th Jan 2023
|31st Mar 2023||100 US Dollars||160 US Dollars||200 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2023||15th Jun 2023||70 US Dollars||120 US Dollars||
150 US Dollars
16th Jun 2023
|31st Aug 2023||110 US Dollars||180 US Dollars||230 US Dollars|
|1st Sep 2023||31st Oct 2023||100 US Dollars||160 US Dollars||
200 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|30th Nov 2023||70 US Dollars||120 US Dollars||150 US Dollars|
|1st Dec 2023||1st Jan 2024||110 US Dollars||180 US Dollars||
230 US Dollars
* Children below 2.99 years are free of charge
* Children in their own room 75% of adult rate
* Lunch boxes – 1,000 Kenya Shillings per Person
* Easter Supplement – 300 Kenya Shillings on 29th, 30th, 31st, and 1st of April
* Children below 2.99 years free and above 3 years up to 11 years sharing with an adult 50%, of adult rate
* One adult sharing with a child pays a Single room rate whereas the child pays 50% of an adult in a double
* Christmas & New Year supplements on 24th, 25th, 26th Dec & 31st Dec, 1st Jan – 500 Kenya Shillings per person per night
Masai Mara Manyatta Camp Activity Rates;
* Bush Dinner – 2,000 Kenya Shillings
* Bush Breakfast – 2,000 Kenya Shillings
* Conference Facilities for up to 50 Guests
* Ground camping – 1000 Kenya Shillings per person
* Masai Dance and cultural show – 1,000 Kenya Shillings per person
* Nature Walk outside the park 2,000 Kenya Shillings per person for 1 hour
* Masai dance and cultural show for groups –600 Kenya Shillings per person