Sweetwaters Serena Camp
Sweetwaters Serena Camp is a luxury tented safari accommodation located in the 110,000-acre Ol Pejeta Conservancy, in Laikipia plains. The camp is 25 km from Nanyuki town and 217 km from Nairobi. Transfers by road from Nairobi take approximately 3.5 hours and 50 minutes by flight while the airstrip is 17 km away.
Ol Pejeta Conservancy is high profile wildlife sanctuary of significant importance to conservation. It is a relatively uncrowded wilderness area, home to an impressive variety of wildlife, including critically endangered and even functionally extinct species!
Sweetwaters Serena Camp has a total of 56 standard tents (16 double tents and 23 twin tents) + 17 luxury tents in the Morani wing. The excellent location of the Sweetwaters Serena Camp around a waterhole gives a sense of exclusivity and serenity in the Conservancy.
The camp is ideal for honeymooners. The camp features spacious tents with vaulted ceilings. Each tent also boasts a mini-bar, en-suite bathroom, a worktable, and ornate lamps. The onsite restaurant offers local and international dishes. Guests can order soft and alcoholic drinks from the bar. The camp houses a spa, a business center, and an outdoor pool.
Other room amenities include; free Wi-Fi, premium bath amenities, a work desk, and chair, a coffee/tea-making station, robe, hairdryer, safe (located in Manager’s office), private balcony, or a veranda. Sweetwaters Tented Camp prides itself on the quality of its cuisine offering a 5 – course “table d’hote” dining experience every night, and a selection of African, Asian, and international dishes.
Built in the 1970s, the Camp’s main building was originally the residence of the ranch manager. Ol Pejeta Conservancy was once the private domain of famed multi-millionaire, Adnan Khashoggi.
Sweetwaters Serena Camp activities include health and beauty treatments, day & night game drives with dedicated driver guides, guided bird walks, and lion tracking (morning only). Other things to do while at the camp include board games and library, visiting the Chimpanzee sanctuary, bush breakfast, lunch and dinner, sundowners at the Marsh viewpoint, camel rides, jogging, wildlife movies, and archery.
Sweetwaters Serena Camp Non-Resident Accommodation Prices
Sweetwaters Serena Camp Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Standard Tents: Accommodation on Full Board Basis
|Dates To||Single Room
( 2 Guests)
1st Jul 2023
|31st Oct 2023||290 US Dollars||400 US Dollars||550 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||22nd Dec 2023||240 US Dollars||320 US Dollars||
440 US Dollars
23rd Dec 2023
|1st Jan 2024||290 US Dollars||400 US Dollars||550 US Dollars|
|2nd Jan 2024||31st Mar 2024||300 US Dollars||400 US Dollars||
550 US Dollars
1st Apr 2024
|31st May 2024||180 US Dollars||350 US Dollars||480 US Dollars|
|1st Jun 2024||30th Jun 2024||300 US Dollars||400 US Dollars||
550 US Dollars
1st Jul 2024
|31st Oct 2024||380 US Dollars||510 US Dollars||710 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2024||22nd Dec 2024||300 US Dollars||400 US Dollars||
550 US Dollars
23rd Dec 2024
|1st Jan 2025||380 US Dollars||510 US Dollars||
710 US Dollars
* Extra Meals 40 US Dollars per person
* Picnic Lunch 35 US Dollars per person
* No half-board reduction on the full-board meal plan
* Easter supplement 50 US Dollars per person per day. (7th April to 10th April 2023)
* Children ages 3 to 12 years are charged 50% of the per person, adult twin rate
* Young adults 13 to 17 years are charged 75% of the per person, the adult twin rate
* Transfers – Nanyuki/Kamok Airstrip transfer (Per vehicle each way) – 100 US Dollars
* 3-Day Kenya Fly-in Safari to Sweetwaters Serena Camp in Ol Pejeta Conservancy | Click Here
* Christmas Surcharge: 45 US Dollars per person per night on 24th,25th,26th,31st Dec 2024 & 1st Jan 2025
* Park fees are not included in the rates (payable at the gate if arriving on road and at the lodge if arriving by air
* Children in their own room are charged 75% of the per-person adult twin rate. Minimum 2 children in a room
* Children under 2.99 years sharing a room with an adult will be accommodated complimentary (maximum two) whilst sharing a room with one or two adults
Extra Activities at an Extra Cost
* Camel ride – 40 US Dollars
* Lion Tracking – 100 US Dollars
* Breakfast at the Marsh – 40 US Dollars
* Cultural Talk (Per Person) – 35 US Dollars
* Bush Lunch on the campgrounds – 40 US Dollars
* Bush Dinner (Exclusive beverages) – 50 US Dollars
* Bush Dinner (Inclusive beverages) – 70 US Dollars
* Traditional Dancers (Per group performance) – 280 US Dollars
* Sundowner at the Marsh (Inclusive beverages) – 60 US Dollars
* Lunch only (Per person) Conservancy fee payable separately – 50 US Dollars
Game Drive at Ol Pejeta Conservancy
* Day game drive (Per person, Seat basis) – 80 US Dollars
* Night game drive (Per person, Seat basis) – 90 US Dollars